Wednesday, May 21, 2008

St. Louis Landmarks

Two things in the Riverfront Times this week. A new Amazing Facts & Beyond strip (above) about St. Louis' historic standpipe watertowers (more information on these wondrous anachronisms at Built St. Louis)...
... and an illustration for the Summer Guide, in which summer activities were grouped according to the four classical elements. I did a sort of old-fashioned alchemy chart (below).
I relish any opportunity I get to include Farmer Fred and his son Clyde (from my local grocery, the Sappington Farmer's Market) in an illustration.

2 comments:

Austin Kleon said...

awesome!

John Hendrix said...

Hi Dan
Love this one. The hobo stuff is super funny, and i love learning about those towers...

Did you ever read "Areas of My Expertise" by John Hodgman? Lots of hobo jokes.