Friday, July 17, 2009

Mighty Men & Monster Making

Last night at Drawing Club we made a bunch of these 'exquisite corpse' type characters, inspired by this awesome toy we all had a little kids.I cut a bunch of the iconic yellow, orange and red polygons out of colored cardstock, showed up, chowed down on some pizza, and then we all went to town. Sorry for the crummy snapshots. My digital camera is the same vintage at the Mighty Men & Monster Maker.
Anyway, until I build and upload a Flash Module allowing you to build your own, here are a few more randomly generated characters:

7 comments:

ron said...

MIGHTY! Awesome that is. This actually turned out way better than I even dreamed. I want to do more.

meghanc said...

next time drawing club should try these: http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/images/5677.jpg

Jessica said...

i love it! i also agree with meghanc. fashion plates were my jam!

Katie O'Malley said...

man... those are better than ones done on napkins! NOT! just kidding... i totally should have gone to draw with you guys :)
http://www.facebook.com/katielouo?ref=name&__a=1#/album.php?aid=78325&id=505384395

C. Cilla said...

Oh Sh*t. I had forgotten about the MM&MM, what fun!
Pure hilarity, you guys can sure draw the f#ck out of those polygons!
%$#@!!?!

Reklaw said...

Those are super-fun! I forgot about the MM&MM too. when I was a kid I made a whole set of superhero paper dolls with the MM&MM. I remember in particular the Mr. Fantastic... I cut off his hand, taped on an accordion folded strip of paper, and taped that back to his wrist. Then he could "stretch" his fist to punch somebody out.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, what a great idea! I know what I'm doing while my boss is away.