Sunday, February 04, 2007

Jetlagged Cardboard Funnies

I carried a Sharpie, a White-Out pen, and boxes full of comics to France and all I came back with were these lousy drawings. And a flattened penny stamped with an embossed Arc De Triomphe*.
I made these while I was supposed to be working at the Buenaventura Press table at the Angoulême Comics Festival last week. They pertain to utilitarian concerns of our first few days abroad - travel, lodging, etc. - but I promise we did do some culturally worthwhile activites while in France, too. I just ran out of White-Out.
Some photographs of me and my pals standing in front of things (or at least beer-stained ticket stubs) will probably surface once I unpack and I'll scan them in too.
*The Arc de Triomphe was pretty awesome but it would've been even better had they went with this.

9 comments:

Brett Von Schlosser said...

may i ask what type of white out pe you use?
i've never realy found one that dosen't suck.

Anonymous said...

hey, Dan -

I vaguely remember you working on these when I idled by your table a couple of times. It really amazed me how you could work standing up, sitting down, all the while talking to visitors.

The books you sold me are very heart-warming and surprising - they provide more food for thought than I normally expect to get from a comic.

I hope we didn't make too much noise that evening at the restaurant. I guess we can get pretty rowdy.

Anonymous said...

these are great.

Anonymous said...

awesome funny

Anonymous said...

Lovely drawings - How long do you reckon they took?

Jorge Noujaim said...

Great stuff!!

AstridMueller said...

wow! you could hang those on a wall and they would look cool. and they're "just" cardboard? nice =)

astrid
-PotatoMammaDesign.com

CartoonSteve said...

These remind me of work from the Drink and Draw Social Club

Anonymous said...

credit repair credit repair credit repair credit repair credit report credit report credit report credit report credit report credit report credit report credit report credit report credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit reporting credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit report online credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports credit reports articles de 1 credit reports articles de 10 credit reports articles de 2 credit reports articles de 3 credit reports articles de 4 credit reports articles de 5