Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cut-Away Comics! #1: TREE SWALLOWS

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, here's a new mini-comic I just finished. It's part 1 of 3 of a little mini-series called CUT-AWAY COMICS! published by OILY COMICS, available now! Here's some background and sketches.


The story is about young John James Audubon and his early days in Louisville, right as he's starting to really get obsessed with birds. Specifically, the Chimney Swallow.


Audubon has heard about a massive dead Sycamore tree said to house thousands of swallows, and he sets out to investigate.



Hi-Jinx (literally) ensue:

Thumbnails for the entire issue (12 pages, b/w, fully halftoned, risograph printed, $1):

Check it out, and stayed tuned for issues nos. 2 & 3 where JJ really gets into the nitty-gritty cut-aways!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Dan,

I realize this has NOTHING to do with this actual post but I couldn't find another way to contact you. I have been following you for awhile and finally got the courage to comment and ask if there was any way to get a print of the 3 color cardinals game 6 graphics poster you created? I know you did 3 issues of it but I stumbled upon it after you had sold all of them. I was pregnant with twins at the time and unable to go to that game per dr.'s orders and wanted something to commemorate it by and to show the boys when they get older. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could let me know one way or another (jamie antisdel at gmail dot com) if this is at all possible. I am willing to find a screen printer to do one copy, pick it up from the screen printer or do whatever necessary to not make this a hassle for you. Thanks, Dan. Either way, you are crazy talented!

Jual Tas Branded said...

upon it after you had sold all of them. I was pregnant with twins at the time and unable to go to that game per dr.'s orders and wanted something to commemorate it by and to show the boys when they get older. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could let me know one way or another (jamie antisdel at gmail dot com) if this is at all possible. I am willing to find a screen printer to do one copy, pick it up from the screen printer or do whatever necessary to not make this a hassle for you. Thanks, Dan. Either way, you are crazy talented!

Alamat Supplier Tas Fashion di Bali said...

nice picture i love it i will make it poster