Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Local Color: Best of '09

Last year the Riverfront Times printed a bunch of my weird drawings to accompany the Unreal Year-End News Quiz and by Gosh, they did it again this year. Be sure to check out a copy of the paper or look at the online version, but in the meantime, here are my sketches & illustrations (watercolor & ink on typing paper). Click on them for larger views.George Clooney sightings during the filming of Up in the Air swirled.So did genitalia-shaped Mardi Gras beads.This wasn't your Grandma's Easter service.This wasn't her funeral.If you ever throw the first pitch out at a professional baseball game you are guaranteed to get made fun of for something.I'm kinda shocked this guy never got me.One of these guys probably will.

1 comment:

Sarah Richardson said...

That cop totally got me while racing a friend down his street. He almost made me cry, and I stopped racing for quite a while.

This was almost 10 years ago, and I immediately knew who it was without knowing his name.