Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Print: Birds and the Bats

Here's a new print hot off the press! It's an expanded version of an Amazing Facts & Beyond strip from last year's baseball season, detailing the evolution of the St. Louis Cardinal's famous Birds-on-the-Bat emblem.3-color hand-pulled screenprint on ivory Canson Mi-Tientes pastel paper, 19" x 25". Here was a sketch:Messing around with the 3 inks:The ink drawing & final digital art (Note how much copying and pasting I did of the birds once I had a few good ones drawn):These will be debuting for sale (for $25) this weekend at the Rock and Roll Craft Show here in St. Louis, next Saturday at the Cherokee Print League Holiday Sale, and are available from me directly I reckon. Thanks!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can I purchase a print of this and get it shipped? I'd love it for a Chistmas gift for my father-in-law. Please let me know stephanieliss at hotmail dot com.

Joshua Wysocki said...

i love the cardinals artwork
i'm doing a weird project where i'm drawing all the baseball mascots!

Spurwing Plover said...

The ST LOUIS CARDINALS have used the image of the bird pearched on the baseball bat for years

Bird of Paradise said...

Cardinals probibly one of americas most popular birds since their the state birds of seven states

C. Strohecker said...

This is fantastic!

C. Strohecker said...

This is fantastic!